Menu
Clocrosby1999
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Slowest speed known

I have recently become cust of virgin media and have choosen to go for GIG1 internet, I work from home and my partner uses the internet most of the day as well. Since we got this package the speeds have been unbelievably slow, we are supposed to be getting between 1124mbps and 1145 mbps download (with a minimum of 540mbps download) and 50-52 mbps upload. This has never been the case for download, the most I think we have ever gotten is like 514 Mbps, with most of the day it’s lucky to get 290 or below, the nights are worse! I’ve contacted virgin media sooo many times over the phone and they just say that we have to try wired, which we do with my partners PS4 which they won’t accept and my laptop it being only 290. I’m getting sooo frustrated as we pay £70 for this internet which is supposed to be the fastest one, where as my mum who has m500  gets faster internet. I’m sick of constantly calling virgin about this as they just palm me off, with one guy telling me to just use wired connection if we need to use it! I mean that’s honestly ridiculous. Can someone please give me some advice? I’ve moved it in front of everything, I’ve rebooted and reset soooo many time now feels like it’s off more than on, I’ve done wired tests/ WiFi test and it’s always inconsistent. There’s no known faults in our area but I just want some fast internet!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slowest speed known

What speed do you get at >> Sam Knows Real Speed << using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos