Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slower WiFi following Volt upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

Here’s a funny thing. 

I was on 350 Mbps and did the Volt benefits free upgrade to 500.

I routinely hit 380 via WiFi to my laptop with the Hub 3 in modem mode and using an Asus RT-AC86U prior to the upgrade. 

Shortly after the Volt upgrade to 500 I struggled to reach even 200 via WiFi to the laptop (although 540 to the Asus router). I tried Router mode and then got the red light of doom and received a brand new replacement Hub 3. Reset to modem mode with the same setup and cables and positioning. 

I have disabled QoS and split the bands but am still way down on what I got before the upgrade. 

I know WiFi isn't guaranteed etc etc but what could account for this drop please? My stats seem fine too and there are no local issues btw. 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone is interested Natalie from VM kindly arranged for an engineer to come. He immediately saw on his special VM widget that my DS power levels where as high as a kite and accordingly supplied and fitted a 6 dB attenuator. That immediately returned the levels to what they were. He also did an added value check of my external cables and connections from wall to cabinet as far as he could which was a nice surprise. I still haven't got above 410 Mbs via WiFi but I'll survive. Thanks to Nat on here and Mike the engineer. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I think I might have just sussed it. 

VM engineer took the attenuator with the old Hub 3 and my DS power levels have shot back up to highs of 10. 6.

Can I just be posted a replacement attenuator please VM? 

Thanks all for your patience. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Screenshot_20220504-170708.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like Natalie from VM is addressing this via my other recent post so no need for VM attention on this thread for now. Thanks. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

If anyone is interested Natalie from VM kindly arranged for an engineer to come. He immediately saw on his special VM widget that my DS power levels where as high as a kite and accordingly supplied and fitted a 6 dB attenuator. That immediately returned the levels to what they were. He also did an added value check of my external cables and connections from wall to cabinet as far as he could which was a nice surprise. I still haven't got above 410 Mbs via WiFi but I'll survive. Thanks to Nat on here and Mike the engineer.