Menu
Toni2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Slow

As we are.on lockdown, i have to have microsoft team meetings at home, but as usual I cannot access them because my internet is too slow, What is going on??

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_other-mso_win10-mso_o365b/teams-is-slow/... 

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/microsoft-teams-service-status-crashe... 

Looks like they've been hit with a spike in users (as have all video conferencing outfits).  You're using domestic internet which will slow down as more users are on at the same time.  So it's slow at both ends.  If the software isn't very good, that will also eat through RAM, and if you're on a low spec computer (eg. 4GB RAM and integrated graphics) it slows everything down. 

Since a lot of people are trying to log in, (all at the same time) their servers are going to process your request (otherwise known as client/server; where you are the "client") very slowly, as the server has to handle other people logging in too.  If the servers can't handle all the requests, it "times out" and causes an error.  This is why it's slow.  I imagine that there is a "please try later" page or the infinite loop (wiggly lines going round in circles).

The first thing to try is rebooting your computer and router.  Microsoft should lay on a few more servers to handle demand.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
Some video posts may contain swearing/inappropriate content for young children

π
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Connect with a wire rather than wireless

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Toni2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I would but it's my phone,

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Try getting an adapter for the phone which allows you to use an ethernet cable.

Or... as long as you know that your wired connections (hence your network connections) are fine, then get your own (better quality) wifi equipment.

Or - If its a Hub3 there are tweaks you can try that might help sort it out.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Toni2
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos
Toni2
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

John what are the tweeks please?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As explained in this link:-

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Slow-wifi-connection/m-p/4063642#M213435

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
nickwjona
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'll tell you what's going on. virgin are unable to provide a reliable service but will try and bamboozle you with all sorts of suggestions to give the appearance that they are being helpful, but in reality it is no more than rearranging the deckchairs
0 Kudos