Menu
Rachharris3177
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow wifi speeds

I have recently joined Virgin with TV, phone and m200 fibre. We keep having problems with the speed we are getting upstairs. The hub is downstairs but speeds are around 30mbs upstairs and keeps disconnecting kids from xbox. Done the room scan but says all is OK and no blackspots but don't understand why keeps disconnecting? We had a "blockage" when they came to fit that resulted in the road being dug up. Can't see anywhere how to contact Virgin. To get it sorted. Feeling quite disappointed so far. 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow wifi speeds

What is your connection like with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your WiFi connection @Rachharris3177

Are you able to answer the questions from @MikeRobbo? This can help us determine if the issues are with your connection to the network or a problem with the hub.

Please could you also do a pin hole reset of your hub to see if this clears up the issues that you're having with your connection. Please hold down the reset button on the back of the hub for around 60 seconds to let the hub fully reset. Hopefully this can clear up the issues.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Rachharris3177
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Mike,

I just did the test and it was a bit all over the place. I tested it with all devices turned off just the laptop using an ethernet cable. The slowest speed we got was 45.67Mbs download and the highest was 80.29Mbs.

Whe are paying for 200mbs which is what it was giving us for the first day but it is now slowing down.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rachharris3177,

Thanks for your post and I am sorry to hear you are having speed issues, I have checked remotely and you may benefit from having a few more devices connected via ethernet as a lot of them are wireless and also it has been a while since your last reboot if you could perform a pinhole reset and let us know if it improves 

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos