cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload speeds

Wine99
Tuning in

Hi, I am experiencing extremely slow upload speeds on my Virgin Broadband. The self service help page tells me that my broadband is working normally. Not sure what to do, could I have someone look into this?

IMG_5978.jpeg

9 REPLIES 9

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Wine99 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with slow speeds on your WiFi. Can I ask if you are experiencing any issues with any wired connections you may have, or is this only a WiFi issue? 

Thank you.

Hi, the situation has got worse since my last post, the internet is dropping out every few minutes and it’s not just the upload speed that is the problem, the whole internet shuts off for minutes at a time.

I have tried everything I can think of, holding the reset button for 60 seconds, switching to modem mode, using Ethernet instead of WiFi, turning the router off for 20 minutes at a time. These methods have been no help. I think the problem is with the connection coming into the home.

I’m having to use my phone’s mobile data to get by, so I need this fixed ASAP.

Thanks for coming back to us Wine99 and I'm sorry that the issues have been getting worse since you last posted.

I have looked into your connection on our system and can see an issue that will need a technician visit to resolve, I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

I have sent over the requested details.

Regards.

Thanks for confirming your details via private message Wine999

I have arranged a technician appointment to resolve your current issues, this can be tracked via your online account. Please sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for.
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Kind Regards,
Steven_L

What day will they be coming? I'm not available on the 15th and 16th.

Regards.

Good Afternoon @Wine99, have you been able to log into your self-care account, or My VM application to check in on the appointment?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Just waiting for the engineer now.

Regards.

No worries at all.

Please do keep us updated on how it goes. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?