Menu
Paj999
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Slow upload speeds for over 1 week in KT6 area

Myself and all of my neighbours (on virgin media) have been suffering from upload speeds between 0.1 and 0.5MB since 11th January between 9am and 6pm on weekdays. (Outside of core hours the performance is fine)

The issue stretches further than my road as there are now forums dedicated to this subject within the local community.

As you can imagine this makes it difficult to work from home and impossible to join Teams/zoom calls, I have resorted to driving to a 5G area and doing the calls from the car using my mobile hotspot.

Virgin do open a fault each day and then close it again each day at 6pm when traffic drops off. 

I fully appreciate that demand is probably at a record high but we need to know if it can be fixed (and by when) or if we will need to put up with it until schools return.

If someone is able to confirm if there is a plan (or not) it would be hugely appreciated.

SJMcG
Tuning in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow upload speeds for over 1 week in KT6 area

I can't help I'm afraid, but FYI I'm also in KT6 and I'm having issues with inconsistent download speeds, but my uploads are fine.

What local forums are you using?

Paj999
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Good to hear that not all of KT6 is affected by the upload speed issue. 

The main forum seems to be the long ditton residents association on Facebook. I’m not a member of this tbh, i just get screenshots from my neighbours where people have spoken to virgin about potential fix dates. (The original fix dates suggested in the forum have now passed with no improvement)

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes I get this as well - current download speed is 8 Mbps!!! thats on the M200 - yes 200(mbps) service

Upload is hovering around 1Mbps - that effectively counts me out of doing my job right now

DOES ANYONE FROM VIRGIN READ THESE??????

SJMcG
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

John from the forum team responded to the thread I posted and said they've seen issues in the area and they're being investigated:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Highly-variable-bandwidth-occasional-errors-in-logs/m-p/4...

Not sure if we're going to get anything more specific, or know if your issues are related to mine or not, but I've asked for some clarification. Might be worth following that thread to see if he responds.

Thanks,
Sam

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that - current download speed is 8mbps

0 Kudos
Paj999
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

For info I managed to get a Remedy Fault reference for this issue today (F008484883).

This fault has been active since late November but is due to complete this Friday.

Not sure I believe it but it will be nice to be able to reference something when following up  next week if the issue persists. 

0 Kudos
davzade
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm also in KT6 and have made a post tonight.  I have the M200 package and only getting 1Mbps upload!  it is really bad for my sons home schooling and I'm struggling to work from home. Any ideas what and where the problem is and how they are going to fix it?

0 Kudos
Paj999
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No massive surprise but the service issue isn’t resolved with upload speeds already 0.75MB and heading downwards. (They were over 9MB at 08.30)

I will try and call VM again later to get the status of fault F008484883.

For info, a friend in my road (who has the same issues) has now been told it will be fixed by the 12-Feb. 

0 Kudos
mwgizmo
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have been having the same issues in KT10. Today has been the worst by far since this began a few weeks ago. Downloads at 0.5mbps and uploads at 0.02mbps (on the 100mbps pacakge). Completely unusable.

0 Kudos