cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow upload speed

hd3
On our wavelength

On a M200 package but get upload speeds of <4Mbps consistently throughout the day. Download speeds typically almost always hitting 200 Mbps. 

It's been consistently slow on upload for almost a year. Occasionally I'll get 20 Mbps.

I've called VM a few times and followed the full reset on router procedure but it hasn't changed anything.

Any help appreciated.

BQM:

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/d6c8de7feb99df6e2fbb9d901357a671fa... 

82 REPLIES 82

Hi @JackW1

Welcome to the community!

Are you receiving slow speeds via a wireless or wired connection?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

hd3
On our wavelength

Today is the big day. Congestion due to be fixed by 10:00.

So far speeds are 217 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload.

Fingers crossed we hit 20 Mbps after 10:00. I'll restart the router then.

BQM 

Hi @hd3

Thank you so much for keeping us updated and I really hope everything is fixed after 10.00am 

Please let me know how things are looking once you have rebooted! 

😑good luck 🙂

The Giggitty 1

hd3
On our wavelength

It's 11:00.

Just before restart router:

215 Mbps download and 4 Mbps upload

After restart router (on/off not a pinhole reset):

214 Mbps and 19 Mbps

Not sure if it will last!

In fact it didn't, 5 mins later:

215 Mbps and 9 Mbps

7 mins later:

210 Mbps and 5 Mbps

A question for the Virgin Media Team is whether the fix date has moved?

Hi @hd3

Thank you so much for your update and I'm so sorry to see your uploads are still showing as slower. 

I have checked your account and I am so sorry to say that the outage fix date is now showing as April 6th at 10am. I understand this is far from ideal and not at all what we would like to be reporting, but I can assure you are team are doing all they can to get this fixed! 

Again I am so incredibly sorry for any inconvenience this is causing. 

They're just waiting for people to go back to work then really.

The Giggitty 1

I can completely understand why you feel this way @hd3 but I assure you any issue with outages are dealt with as quickly as we can, unfortunately sometimes things happen that our engineers were not expecting. 

I am fully aware of how frustrating this must be. Please keep me updated with how your services are looking and I will do all I can to help while these outages are being worked on. 

hd3
On our wavelength

The return to 'school' has certainly helped boost the upload speeds but I'm worried the return to 'office' isn't really going to happen all at once if at all. The network congestion across the UK is a common issue I really hope they do try and fix.

So far the fix dates have been 26th Feb, 10th March, 24th March and now April 6th.

I do recognise though that some people's experience are a lot worse than mine. Internet is usable and other than some minor exceptions it's been OK but low on the upload side which sometimes means I turn off video on calls.

Thank you Virgin Team for the update. I'll report back in 2 weeks.

Also thanks to the community - since joining this forum recently and learning about other issues regarding WiFi that have been resolved I went ahead and purchased a Deco M5 3 pack and my WiFi speeds around the house have dramatically improved.

@Ashleigh_C wrote:

unfortunately sometimes things happen that our engineers were not expecting. 

Hmm, sometimes seems to be all the time based on what we see on this forum and in my own experience these issues seem to get extended for a few weeks over and over again and next thing you know its been 2 years.... and in some cases where congestion issues started in 2013 they still aren't resolved.

I understand that Ashleigh only has the information they are provided with to work with but the reality for customers is that issues are never ending and I don't see that changing soon if it hasn't in the past 10 years.

The Giggitty 1