Menu
ColinMyers
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Slow upload speed/hopeless web chat

I've been getting awful upload speeds for the past few weeks. I finally broke today after seeing an upload showing at 15KiB/s. Followed all the troubleshooting advice to no avail. Contacted virginmedia via the webchat and:
Sidrah
at 16:06, Jun 10:
Thank you for confirming. I will send you through to our Fault Support who can look into this further.

That was the last I heard so I tried again and got:

Virgin Media Digital Assistant at 16:24, Jun 10:

Hold on while I transfer you to one of the team, who will be able to assist you with this query further. Please be aware that replies from this service are not immediate, and due to safety precautions put in place because of the coronavirus outbreak, it’s taking longer than usual to respond to messages. Thanks for bearing with us, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Info at 16:24, Jun 10:
Hi, we’ve connected you to the team, just reply 'yes' to keep this conversation open. Please be aware though, due to coronavirus, it’s taking longer than usual to answer your message. Thanks for bearing with us.
You at 16:24, Jun 10:
yes
Read
Info at 16:25, Jun 10:
Hi, we've transferred you to the right team now, just reply 'yes' to keep this conversation open. Please be aware though, due to coronavirus, it’s taking longer than usual to answer your message. Thanks for bearing with us.

Can anyone advise me the best way to contact an engineer who can fix my issue?

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow upload speed/hopeless web chat

start with some info - is the problem on wired and wifi connection

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labeled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony
0 Kudos
ColinMyers
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I tried to copy and paste the tables but this site complains about invalid html.

How do I get an engineer to fix this?
0 Kudos
ColinMyers
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've been handing virginmedia more than fifty quid a month for more than five years. I ask for some help once in all that time and all I got was a frustrating hour staring at a dead web chat session after being patronised and then fobbed off. I will be ending my contract this week.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

just click away the invalid message and it should post

to get a tech you need to show there is a problem afaik they will not attend working systems even if they are slow[ish] - you can continue to keep trying chat or stay here and post some info and you will get help - if the connection is seen to be the problem VM will get involved and make a decision if they can send a tech

if their is a known area fault even though it may not show on the status page tech visits cannot happen until the fault is cleared/solved

Tony
0 Kudos
ColinMyers
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for trying to help Tony. Upload < 15KiB/s is not a 'working system' in my opinion. Anyway they cut me off the webchat so it's a point of principal -- I pay for good service, not just useable upload speed.

I'm sure the other providers are no better but I can at least save some money by becoming a 'new customer' with Sky or whatever.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You need to justify your grounds for leaving first - having a fault then refusing to follow questions to provide support in order to assist in resolving the issue isn’t a valid reason.

Please post the logs requested from the previous post ignoring any HTML errors. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

if the OP is out of contract he has free choice and needs to justify nothing - if thats the route he has decided on then there is nothing to add - if he wants help as you and i say post some stats

Tony
0 Kudos