Menu
WALSH_96
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow upload and high ping during the week

Hi All,

I'm on the 200mb package with 200mb downloads and 20mb uploads.

Past week during 9-5 I've noticed my speeds range from 100-150mb download and upload 2-5mb

I've also noticed my ping has shot up too from around 5ms to 40ms

Can someone look into this? I've only got a laptop connected via wifi which is right beside the hub.

vm.png

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow upload and high ping during the week

This is due to congestion on upstream with people working from home and virtual classrooms taking up more bandwidth than cable networks are designed to deal with.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
WALSH_96
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply Matt. However isn't helpful surely more allocation can be made to service peak times and ensured guaranteed speeds are met?
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not without adding more fibre links and that is an ongoing tasks for Virgin and takes a long time.

Cable broadband is not upload friendly due to the technology at use its designed to supply (download) rather than take (upload)

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos