cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds

PaulGsrman
Tuning in

Hi, i have upgraded from 350mb to 1gb  using hub 4. Despite following all trouble shooting tips, our download speeds are no faster than our previous package. 

Any hell appreciated.

Paul

19 REPLIES 19

carl_pearce
Trouble shooter

What does this site show?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

Hi Carl - thanks for response

PaulGsrman_0-1662060074509.png

@PaulGsrman wrote:

Hi Carl - thanks for response

PaulGsrman_0-1662060074509.png

It appears to be a limitation on your device.

Are you connected via wired or wireless?

Wireless, not much better on other devices

@PaulGsrman wrote:
Wireless, not much better on other devices

If you access your HUB on 192.168.0.1, login, then select the 'Connected devices' section, you should see the 'Speed (Mbps)' each device is connected to the HUB.

You 2/3 to 3/4 that speed to get a rough idea of download speed to that specific device.

My laptop as showing as 292.5 and mobile 458

@PaulGsrman wrote:
My laptop as showing as 292.5 and mobile 458

Sounds like you are getting the expected speeds then.

The limitation is your devices. As shown in the speed test you are getting full speed to the HUB over the VM network.

Keep in mind the full speed can be shared across multiple devices at the sime time, so even though each device is the same speed they should be able to get that speed all at the same time.

pablopist
On our wavelength

have to say im just the same following an upgrade from 350 service which was giving me 400mb plus all the time the so called 1gig service is no better

in fact some items are slower i think superhub4 isnt that super

ps hope you get your system up to speed   virgin media customer/tech service are really poor and take an eternity to respond it doesnt help that the router is

getting 1 gig if you arent getting good speed after the hub did try mine in modem mode and couldnt get good speeds even to my latest asus roger gaming laptop which is really fast

Agree, 

When i spoke to someone at VM last week, told me to 'wait a day or two' to see if it improves.

I have received higher speeds on some devices today in my home office which has a cat 6 cable hard wired from the hub 4 to a Belkin router.

Albeit not at the published speeds.