Menu
foccer
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds

Currently suffering from very poor speeds on my broadband so have been digging around the VirginMedia website to get some help.

What a load of rubbish 🙂

There are two sites mentioned to do speed testing. Speedtest.net which shows the poor performance I am getting and https://samknows.com/realspeed/ 

When I try this link I get the following message which helps me think there is an issue.

No router found

Make sure you’re on the same WiFi network as your Virgin Media Hub.
The Virgin Media Hub must also be on router mode.

The above is despite actually being connected right now via the Virgin supplied Hub3!!

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds

Your samknows link is wrong - it should be...

https://speedtest.samknows.com/

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @foccer,

Thank you for your post. I am so sorry to hear that you're having some broadband connection issues lately. We're here to help.

Are these issues ongoing today? If so, in the first instance can you please check our Service Status page to see if there are any known area impacting faults that are being reported there? If there are, it'll state the nature of the fault that the report is referring to along with confirming a current estimated fix time/date.

If nothing is being reported there and the issue remains, please let us know what diagnostics and troubleshooting you've carried out thus far and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
foccer
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nothing has shown up on the status pages at all. I finally spoke to someone by calling 150 on Monday and pointed them to this forum telling them multiple people were having the same issue at the same time of day. Basically from around 3pm speeds slowed down.

That afternoon, after an initial dip, it all came good again and has been good ever since. Just a shame that Virgin either do not monitor their core network properly or will not admit when there is an issue.

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @foccer

Thanks for getting back to us regarding this and for checking the Service Status, I'm glad to hear that things are working well for you now. Just in case, have you taken a look at https://virg.in/SpeedUp for more information on how to improve your speeds?

Please do keep us updated if you experience any further issues.

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos