Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds

I have wifi speeds of 5MB all over my house, wired it is 106MB. Connect App says the connection is great but Speedtest.net in the same spot gave me a speed of 2MB. I have rebooted and reset my hub, speeds go up for about 30 mins and then drops again. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds

Which Hub do you have ?

What is your contracted speed ?

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub is 3.0, contracted to get 100MBS, connected I get 106MBS

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Staceyrose5, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry for the issues you've been having with your speeds, I can assure you it's not the level of service we aim to provide. 

I've had a look into the back end of things from here and can see a few errors which we're going to need our engineers to sort, due to this I've booked the next available engineer visit for you. 

The details of this can be found via your online account so if the time doesn't suit or an appointment becomes available sooner then you can change it from there. You'll also need to ensure somebody over the age of 18 is in the property at the time. 

Please keep us posted with how the visit goes. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks Emma

0 Kudos