Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds

Since a sudden ip address change, my 200 speeds have only been getting reported as around half that. Speed test at nearby servers give the lowest with an 8 or 9 ping, but the furthest away give the full 200 but with higher pings.  Using a speed test on the Virgin site gives the full speed.

Is this a problem with speed test, or with the actual connection?  The version I have was from MS store, but I also tried the one direct from OOKla.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

My hub is in modem mode wired and I am getting around110 at the first try and then after a second or third test it gets 200 plus.  Before the ip address change I was getting a consistent 200 plus.  I have tried the speed tets app from Ookla with the same result.  However the speed test on the Virgin site gives a consistent 200 plus.  I have rebooted the hub and done a factory reset and reinstall on my router but no change.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Speedtest.net gives 200plus.  Shut I be using this version?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Speedtest.net gave me 202.52 down and 21.04 up. Iis thi an issue with speedtest rather than Virgin?

0 Kudos