Menu
anoldclone
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds!

I upgraded to 320mbps four months ago and my speeds deteriorated to between 0 and 85mbps, (testing with an Ethernet connection), (previous max 200). Engineer came and the road and road to house cables were replaced. Speed and reliability not improved. Can’t get any response from Virgin since! Cable splitter in house, could this be the cause?

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds!

Hi anoldclone,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to see you are experiencing slow speeds, I have had a look at things our end and I can see there is a ulisation issue currently in your area, this will effect your services, this was raised on 13,06/20 and the estimated fix date is 15/07/20 @16:30.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
anoldclone
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Here are my speed test readings. Before and after “upgrade” to 320. See the problem!.Here are my speed test readings. Before and after “upgrade” to 320. See the problem!.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I can't see your image however if there is an issue in your area, as stated above, then you'll need to hold off for that to be resolved.

0 Kudos
anoldclone
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sadly I have been holding on for in excess of four months for this to be resolved and all that time paying for internet that is very frequently not available and when it is, is always much less than 50% of the speeds I am paying for. 150 helpline just disconnects after hanging on for ages, twitter help just never answers and the app tells me that there are no issues with broadband in my area. Can you doubt my anger and frustration?
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@anoldclone wrote:
Sadly I have been holding on for in excess of four months for this to be resolved and all that time paying for internet that is very frequently not available and when it is, is always much less than 50% of the speeds I am paying for. 150 helpline just disconnects after hanging on for ages, twitter help just never answers and the app tells me that there are no issues with broadband in my area. Can you doubt my anger and frustration?

I understand, however it does appear that VM are working on a fix.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

If there’s an area issue you need to wait. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
anoldclone
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

An area issue. I have been waiting for four months and paying extortionate rate for the non privilege! No offer of a refund or way of asking for one! Pure extortion! And no, your answer was of no use whatsoever, sorry, no Kudos from me!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Could you access your router using http://192.168.0.1/ . Don't log in, select the 'Check Router Status' option and paste your 'Downstream', 'Upstream', and 'Network Log' tabs?

We can see if there is anything in the router stats that point to a localised problem on your connection, rather than the general area.

0 Kudos
anoldclone
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

F327A1BC-D554-4956-AFB6-1EB0C85F2056.png6E04EA68-B0FE-438A-A76E-6FF75FFD4FF1.png70422505-BDC9-4010-AAC0-A5CA0D7AD114.png

0 Kudos