Menu
Arb79
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds

Just installed broadband 50mb on pre existing line. Simply plugged in.

Very poor speeds, unable to stream on smart TV, router is around 1m away TV.

we just come from a rural location with copper providing a max speed of 10mb and average of 5mb that provided a more reliable streaming experience.

internet speed checker reports back as 15-24mb at various times. Which is arbitrary if a rural copper connection half a mile away from the exchange can outperform this connected to 2 smart TV, 3 mobiles and two smart speakers.

I have been through the various trouble shooting guides everything is seems as it should. Just getting half the speed and unbearable streaming experience.

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds

How are you Speedtesting and with what devices?

Wired or wireless?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds

Connect to the hub, at the login screen don't log in, but just click on the link "Check router status" (see pics here).  If you haven't already it will ask you to select language and such like, in which case log out when you've done it and reconnect to the hub (you can get the same data I'm asking for below when logged in but navigating the menus can be a faff).

That brings up a window with five tabs.  Copy and paste the contents of the tabs called Downstream, Upstream and Network log in replies here, making sure they are pasted as text not images.  Then hopefully we can see what's causing the problem.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos