Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds in my area

Hi there. I've been getting unusually slow speeds and packet losses in my area on a M100 package throughout the day.

e4w3wr4e.jpgAnnotation124124.png

which is affecting gaming performance:
4038u5438u5iyj.jpg

I tried to troubleshoot it through the My Account/Server Status section but it's currently down for maintenance:

"We’re doing some work on My Virgin Media at the moment as part of an upgrade to provide you with an even better service."

So I thought I'd follow it up here (I've already tried rebooting the router, etc.). I can DM my area if needed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds in my area

Your downstream power levels are too high, they should be between -6 and +10 dBmv and all of yours are well above +10.

This will probably need a technician to visit and adjust the levels.  You can call VM and try to book a visit or wait until the forum staff get to this thread and they can help you book a visit.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi pierreism

I have made some checks. I am sorry, there's currently and SNR issue showing in your area. The estimated fix date is 11th December 2019 at 3:25pm.  I am sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you.

Lee_R

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for that. My power levels are still nominally high but the speed has stabilised for now. I'll check it again after the 11th.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Since Xmas I've had connectivity issues and I'm not sure if it's to do with this old SNR issue.

My devices periodically lose connection to the router, often when I stress my uploads/downloads (e.g. uploading large videos). The wifi stops responding and it even hangs when I try to access 192.168.0.1

I haven't changed anything and I've tried flushing my dns, renewing ipconfig, rebooting the router, etc.

Does this reading raise any red flags?

Annotation 2020-01-14 013422.gif

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning pierreism

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with your broadband connection since the SNR issue last month

I know you've advised us in your previous posts that you've performed reboots of the hub, have you performed a pin hole reset on the hub since the SNR issue has been resolved?

Kindest regards,

David

0 Kudos