Menu
Stujob
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds from 1gb SH4

Ok had the upgrade from 500mbps ( always awesome) and the SH3 to the 1gb and the SH4 but it's been very slow WiFi and hard wired speed since the upgrade ( 4 weeks ago) so after many phone calls and re booting if the router I had a engineer visit. Getting 1gb into the hub but WiFi and hard wired through a 2021 Mac book Pro a max of 120mbps. The engineer seems to think this was ok but my problem is with my old kit I was getting over 500mbps all day long via WiFi or hard wired. So what's the problem? Engineer had no clue and I don't even with X2 pods my speeds round the house are shocking. I'm getting frustrated now with it all that I'd rather have my old SH3 back in a heartbeat! Crap 

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow speeds from 1gb SH4

What does this speed test show:

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

0 Kudos
Stujob
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Getting 1123mbpd into the hub hardwired out is 56mbps

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Stujob wrote:

Getting 1123mbpd into the hub hardwired out is 56mbps

Sounds like you have a bad HUB.

0 Kudos
Stujob
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Exactly what I've been saying but to no avail! Absolutely rubbish service and even worse from a so called engineer! 

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Stujob wrote:

Exactly what I've been saying but to no avail! Absolutely rubbish service and even worse from a so called engineer! 

If you get chance can you plug one wired device into the HUB and put it in modem mode, then try a speed test?

Note that modem mode means only one wired device can be connected to it, wireless is also disabled.

0 Kudos
Stujob
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In modem mode connected to my Mac book Pro speed is 176mbps down 45mbps up. Absolutely shocking. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Stujob

Thanks for posting and apologies for the broadband issue. I'll PM you now to assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos