Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds - different speeds according to different speed checkers

Hi everyone, Thank you for taking the time to read.

I have been experiencing slow speeds. Not being able to make a conference video call or log onto a website. I changed to a wired connection and have the same issue. I've tried to do the reset of the hub with the pin in the back but it keeps saying my password is incorrect on the hub log in. I've never knowingly changed the password or accessed the hub. 

I keep checking the speeds using the broadband speed checker. They have been as low as 26.9 download and 34.0 upload and as high as 421 download and 35.9 upload. Yet even at 421 I've struggled to load a webpage via wifi 2 meters from the hub. I am on the ultimate oomph bundle with the 500mb speed. When I've used broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk I got 27.97 D and 36.57 U, Uswitch then said it was 18.3mb D and 37.2mb , the virgin site I went to last said 228.50 D and 27.73 U. Surely the checker is flawed if its getting that massive difference in speed just minutes apart? 

Any advice on how I can proceed. I'm thinking I need a new hub as I have reset several times and am unable to get into the system settings with the password. But anything else? 

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds - different speeds according to different speed checkers

Are you Speedtesting wired?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’ve done it on my iPhone connected via WiFi and my MacBook Air via Ethernet cable

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Disregard the phone.

What results does the wired MacBook yield?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

27.97down 36 upload broadbandspeedchecker

18.3 down 37.2 upload Uswitch 

Virgin one says 228 down 27.7Upload 

0 Kudos