Menu
joshwilky93
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds, defective hub?

Hi,

I recently moved into my 1st home and opted for the 350M package as I am a bit of a gamer geek, I was told to take my old router from home which always had issues, and I'm still experiencing them now. 

Since the 19th (When engineer set us up) the hub 3 router is displaying an orange/red light and I'm yet to see download speeds reach 30Mbps. Yesterday when trying to download a game, even after a reboot and restart I was downloading at 600Kbps. My parents house when set up with a new hub3 seemed to eliminate the intermittent issues we was previously having with the same router.

Any chance of having a replacement sent out? The router is only in the room opposite and although not wired, shouldn't be this bad. In my old house we have to run it by cable and even then it was very intermittent.

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow speeds, defective hub?

A red/orange light isn't normal, and usually requires a hub replacement.  I'll flag this for the forum staff to advise.  However, most connection problems are power or noise issues (and sometimes an overlay of network congestion), rather than down to a faulty hub, so even getting the hub replaced may still need some fault finding work on your connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
joshwilky93
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds, defective hub?

I managed with someone in technical to get my speeds boosted to 150Mb, but not to 350Mb yet. They say there's ongoing maintenance till 9th March. As for the hub, it's just strange that I had previous issues with this hub at my old address, but since my parents have had a new hub, them issues seemed to of gone. Thanks for the flagging.

0 Kudos