Menu
Laurafbkelly
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds consistently

Hi

I am signed up to a 100mb package. I have had issues before and have had a new router which I was told would fix the problem , this was fine for a week, but since then I have had speeds of under 10 and around 15 all day. It’s getting extremely difficult to do any work from home! 

I have restarted the hub and checked the area status and no issues noted.

thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds consistently

Are you testing with a wired or wireless connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Laurafbkelly
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply 

wireless but I am next to the router when testing.

Laura 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You need to test with a wired connection from a gigabit enabled device using a CAT5e or better cable.

Wireless speeds and connectivity aren’t guaranteed under your contract. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Laurafbkelly
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I have tested with a wired connection which comes up fine, but wifi next to the router is much lower and then it is consistently low throughout the day. Our speed has been boosted to 200 on our contract, but WIFI is coming up as below 20 throughout the day. See pictures below. Would really like to know what could be done here please - we have already invested in WIFI boosters personally and I would be happy to pay more for a greater package if needed - but we can't continue with these slow WIFI speeds. 

Thanks

wired connectionwired connectionwireless at the sametimewireless at the sametimeSpeed throughout the daySpeed throughout the day

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Virgin do not guarantee WiFi speeds and connectivity only wired.

So you can invest in a better router or mesh system if you want to optimise your WiFi, given that a wired connection is fine.

Also what hub do you currently have?

0 Kudos
Laurafbkelly
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

We have the tp link mesh system already. We have the hub 3. Do you mean buy a new router?

Thanks

Laura 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What’s wrong with the mesh system?

Have you put the hub into modem mode or changed the TP-Link to run in Bridge/AP mode if you’ve left the hub in router mode?

0 Kudos
Mattc86
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Last 2 days since the outage I have received below 10mb of speed im on 350MB and running on a wired connection

Virgin Please sort this out!

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Mattc86 wrote:

Last 2 days since the outage I have received below 10mb of speed im on 350MB and running on a wired connection

Virgin Please sort this out!

Please keep to your own post already....

0 Kudos