Menu
KennyBlythe
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds and intermittent drop out

I have been having issues since before Xmas with slow speeds and WiFi dropping out. 

I've had my hub replaced and it was fine at first. I've had plenty total drop outs of service where I can connect devices to the hub but it says I cannot access Internet. Then iy comes back and speeds are mighty slow. On the 200meg package but today's documented speeds range from 25meg at its highest to 0.89 Meg. Its averaging around 7-8 Meg. I feel noone from virgin has been particularly helpful, I think this may be a cabling issue due to the fact the hub has already been replaced. This is now over 2 months these problems have persisted yet its OK to raise the cost of my monthly package but I cannot get anywhere.

Any tech savvy people, I'm all ears

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds and intermittent drop out

Hi KennyBlythe

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the broadband issues. I've checked the system and it states the following;

We've identified a short term network issue that could cause degradation or an intermittent service.

We believe it will only be a short term issue and it will be fixed very soon.

However, in the mean time, please could you check that the coax cables are connected securely to the Virgin Media equipment, any splitters (standard and powered) and to the wall socket.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
KennyBlythe
Joining in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting in touch John. What you state is what was diagnosed over the phone to me a week before Christmas. The intermittent problems don't seem to be resolved. The service may come back up for a while then at some point away again. I'm concerned as the length of time this seems to be stretching on for.

Yes all cables are connected tightly and properly. I am an electrician so have no problems checking things on my side like that. Could you detail this fault?

I need some kind of resolution as I'm not getting what I'm paying for here. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Good morning, thanks for coming back to me. 

I've emailed a colleague for further help with this and I'll report back my findings to you.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
AwfulBroadband
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I have same problem. KT6 postcode. Started November 2020. Dropping out totally/intermittent/ extremely slow (0.2 to 2 Mbps checking speed with SamKnows on Hub4 as advised by Virgin) during 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday. Told they are doing upgrade. Initial completion date 19th Jan, then 29th Jan now 12th Feb. Have raised two official complaints in writing. Getting close to the 28 days for a response. Will take to Ombudsman if I don’t get a satisfactory response. 

Can everyone with the same problem please raise a complaint in writing to ComplaintsVirgin MediaSunderland SR43 4AA (state you only want to be contacted by letter or email) and ask for compensation. 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi @AwfulBroadband

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of the issues you're having.

Please do make your own thread and we can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi @KennyBlythe

Sorry for the delayed reply. Okay so I've heard back from the team. There is a congestion issue affecting the service.

We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow broadband speeds and buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times) will be resolved. 

F008786744 is your fault reference number and the estimated fix date is the 11th February. 

Please do monitor it after this date and let me know if you have any issues

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
AwfulBroadband
Tuning in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for responding. I have started a new thread as requested. Follow AwfulBroadband. 

0 Kudos
KennyBlythe
Joining in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update, I'm monitoring it daily just now so I'll know when it's up and running 

0 Kudos
KennyBlythe
Joining in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20210209_203047_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

0 Kudos