Menu
andouk
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds All day

Been having nothing but slow speeds all day, barely getting above 10 Mbps briefly, upload speed is fine but download speed is not, have recorded all speed tests, internet is barely usable at this speed when shared out across multiple devices, worse than ADSL. 

0 Kudos
adrian_n
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds All day

hi try checking all your connections are tight and restarting the hub.if hub 3 you can do a pin hole reset which will take it back to factory settings

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Alex_D1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds All day

Hi,

I have personal messaged you regarding some details.

In the meantime -

Insert hub password (8 digits long)

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click ‘Disable Channel Optimization’ > Click ‘Apply Changes’.

Also you can set the 2.4G and 5G to manual, changing the 2.4g to channel channel 6 or 7 and 5G to.channel 36 or 40.

If still having problems split the wifi - 

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add '-2G' to the 2.4GHz Channel name > Add '-5G' to the 5 GHz Channel name > Click ‘Apply Changes’

You can leave the passwords the same as they are.

Log out of the Hub.

You will need to reconnect all you Wi-Fi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

2.4GHz is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos