Menu
vinnysiracusa
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds - 9am-6pm

Hi all

As with many of here at the moment. My internet speeds are unbelievably slow. Only time it's slow is between 9am-6pm. As soon as 6pm comes I'm fine and speeds are as they always are which is good. Please can this be looked into as I am struggling to do anything during these times.

I am on M100 broadband package. I am connected via WiFi in most devices but even via LAN it's same. Speedtest have been done and are below:

24/03 - 13mb Down

25/03 - 1.2mb Down

26/03 - 3.74mb Down

27/03 - 10mb Down

The speedtest logs continues all the way to today. This is unacceptable. I fully understand times are difficult but going from 100mb to 1mb is poor and a disgrace. I'd be ok if I had at least half. Please help.

Regards

Vince

0 Kudos
Pawan_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds - 9am-6pm

Hi there my name is Pawan Paul I am a virgin media technician I am sorry to hear about your issue hopefully these few tips can help sort your issue out firstly I'd like you to make sure all the F connectors are tight at the back of the hub to the isolater then proceed to turn the hub off for about 10-15 seconds wait for it to reboot if this does not work there is a hard rest button on the back of the hub hopefully that should fix it 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
vinnysiracusa
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds - 9am-6pm

Thank you for the swift reply.

I apologise I should have mentioned that I have removed all connections as per the step by step guide online. I have reconnected all tightly and switched router back on. Waited 5-10mins. Speeds go back to normally briefly then return to slow again. I have done this a couple of times now.

As I mentioned as soon as 6pm arrives my connection is back to normal without having to reboot.

0 Kudos