Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed

I upgraded by package a month ago to try and get around the fact that my max upload speed is around 20mg even though I was paying for 50mg. I am now paying more for the maximum package but still getting 20mg! When I queried this I was told that there was a local fault which would not be fixed until the middle of June. Well it is now beyond mid June and it's still the same.

So can someone from VM tell me when this is going to get sorted?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speed

Hi gbcarson, thanks for contacting us regarding the connection. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the speed, are you still having issues with this? We can see that you mention that you are getting 5MB upload -  for the 50MB package you should get 5MB upload. Is it download which you mean and can you confirm if this is over a wired or wireless connection Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm on the 356mg package so 5mg is not acceptable. All test have been run on a wired ethernet connection from my pc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have looked in to this for you and can see that there is high congestion in the area and our engineers are working hard to fix this, the fault reference number is F007906519  Chris. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Problem solved!!!!

For anyone interested I actually had 2 issues. The VM engineer who came today identified that when the VM was originally installed in my house, rather than remove the old BT broadband cabling and install new compatible VM cables, the guy just spliced in to the old BT one. That was the main issue.

This has now been removed and replaced and hey presto, 300mb plus on every device including over wifi! Not sure what the original lazy installer was thinking but, but I've put up with this for 4 years. Not great VM.

Every device except my computer that is. Interestingly every other device was getting 200mg + but my main ethernet connect PC was stuck at 25mg. After some online investigation (google) I deleted an application called Smartbytes on my PC and that has solved my problem - this is a program installed by Dell which for some reason was limiting my computers speed. So be aware if you have a new Dell PC.

0 Kudos