Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed (this is dreadful)

So been with Virgin less than two weeks. Noticed yesterday broadband streaming issues.  Used various speed tests with show between 1 and 2mbps but paying for 200! Logged in as admin to the router.  Reloaded original settings which seem to give 200+ mbps for <1 minute then goes back to 1mbps....network diagnostics is suggesting a Wi-fi problem, but it’s in the same place it was when getting 200mbps for the first week...I have attached some of the diagnostic numbers if someone can give me some advice please.  The ranging error shown in the bottom image recurs numerous times.  Maybe that’s something to do with it but no idea what tanging is.  You won’t be surprised to know I have tried Customer Service numerous times which is infuriating as no answer or response on chats.  Much appreciated 

D95D4438-698E-4CA8-AAA3-8DA52EC43A9A.png

627E1236-21F5-4157-9694-CE0182664738.png

  

FF11EEDB-F0A3-405D-9961-ADB68AA48392.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speed (this is dreadful)

Please stick to one thread.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speed (this is dreadful)

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo