cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed on 1gb with hub 4

Johnandgem
Joining in

I’ve got 1gb broadband and I’m only getting 450 down load on Wi-Fi and Ethernet we have an engineer out and said it was fine but I have run a diagnostic on the router and it says there’s a Wi-Fi problem. 
it’s a volt 1gb just wondering if it’s not be activated to 1gb the Enginner said it was but don’t why it’s running slow. 
got 10 Wi-Fi devices connected and 2 Ethernet 

any ideas how to resolve this please 

2 REPLIES 2

carl_pearce
Community elder

@Johnandgem wrote:

I’ve got 1gb broadband and I’m only getting 450 down load on Wi-Fi and Ethernet we have an engineer out and said it was fine but I have run a diagnostic on the router and it says there’s a Wi-Fi problem. 
it’s a volt 1gb just wondering if it’s not be activated to 1gb the Enginner said it was but don’t why it’s running slow. 
got 10 Wi-Fi devices connected and 2 Ethernet 

any ideas how to resolve this please 

What does this site show?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @Johnandgem and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the speed.

Are you able to run a speed test via a Cat 6 Ethernet cable, and with the hub in modem mode?

This will tell us what speed we have going into your property. If this reads as the subscribed speed (or slightly above) this may be a case of an issue with the Wi-Fi facility, or the set up of your home to accommodate a Wi-Fi connection.

If this is below the subscribed speed, this may be an issue outside the property that needs to be rectified

Kindest regards,

David_Bn