cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed new installation

jennawilliams14
Joining in

I had virgin installed today for the 250 speed package.

The speed is good right next to the Hub but upstairs it is only 28 in one room 22 in another  and 19 in my sons rooms where he wants to play Xbox.

Also only 100 the rest of the house.

I'm going to request pods as I can get these for free on the package I'm on.

But my question is....where they installed it it is In the front corner of the house...as the brown box was installed that side when I wasn't in.

Would requesting a longer cable for the Hub make a difference so that I can try and position the Hub away from the corner. the cable isn't even a metre long so I have no option but to have it in the corner its currently In.

2 REPLIES 2

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey jennawilliams14, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community and I am sorry to hear this.

A pod would benefit you, however I have taken a look and I can see you've spoke to the team did they manage to get this resolved for you? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What package are you on?  If pods are not free to you - see this...

If not free to you… you will be charged £8/month (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, although the VM Pods should be a simpler option.

If you do want to invest in better equipment, you would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4), (5) a pair of good quality Wifi Powerline Adaptors, or a combination of (2&3).

£40-100 (that’s ~4->12 months of Max Pod rental) should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage. Spend more for additional advanced“features” - if required.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.