Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed for the last few weeks

Hi,

Since i've been working from home i've noticed my connection speed is very slow, to the point where i cannot work at all sometimes. People also comment when i'm video calling via apps like whatsapp that my connection is very poor quality.

So tonight i've been checking speeds, i'm wired into my router and getting this at 10pm.

1.JPG

I'm on the 100mb service so should be getting more, this is the best i've seen so far and only 30 mins ago was reading 5 down and 0.3 up.

Here are the reading from the Hub.

2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

I've done all the normal trouble shooting, checked connections, reset router etc but nothing works. 

As others have mentioned it seems impossible to talk to Virgin about issues so is there anyone that can help out with this? If it continues i'll have to change over to BT who were installing fibre cables down my street last week.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speed for the last few weeks

Signal levels look good. Try the reset with pin hole at the back of the hub. Leave pressed in a good 50 seconds then release and power off then on them try the speed test again. 

Cheers

Ste 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos