cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed for 1gbs package

humzarahman1
Tuning in

Hello 

I have recently upgraded to the 1gbps package and the most I get on WiFi and Ethernet is below 400. It’s horrible and is not keeping up with what I am paying for. Would someone be able to help out please

3 REPLIES 3

carl_pearce
Community elder

@humzarahman1 wrote:

Hello 

I have recently upgraded to the 1gbps package and the most I get on WiFi and Ethernet is below 400. It’s horrible and is not keeping up with what I am paying for. Would someone be able to help out please

What does this site show?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

WiFi speed is only as good as the worst connection on each side.

Each of your devices have different WiFi standards so can drastically affect speed per device.

You are paying for 1Gbps to the HUB, shared between multiple devices concurrently.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi humzarahman1, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your broadband service.

Can you please confirm what devices the tests are being run from and if you have an active BQM running? 

If yes, can you please provide a link to this so that we may take a look?

Thanks

Nat

gcarter
Superfast

I prefer the netflix speed test solution fast.com as it gives more consistent speed checks. 

However the 1GB speeds not only rely on the speed test site you are using but the age of your network card / chip in your devices

I work from home for the IT department of a local company and a lot of the older kit which goes through my hands can't get anywhere near the 1gb speeds, due to older networking tech within and slower processors, which combined, slow the overall maximum network speeds on wired and wireless they can achieve.

Also if your testing on WiFi, the channel number in use can have a huge difference in traffic speeds because of surrounding congestion.