Menu
Robinwxy
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Slow speed 1mb - 5mb

Weird situation where everything seems okay but my speeds are useless, strangely I can't play videos from my own YouTube channel but I can play them from other YouTube channels, upload speeds are poor but not as bad as download speeds. Sam knows doesn't find my hub from my phone which is WiFi or my pc which is hardwired

0 Kudos
Je_Reis
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speed 1mb - 5mb

Sounds exactly like my issue. I reboot the hub and get around 200mb for a minute or two, then download speed drops to 2mb and stays there. I’ve had the same issue since Thursday afternoon. Lots of frustrating calls to VM and to no avail. It’s basically unusable. Don’t know what to do next. 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Robinwxy

Thanks for posting back on here and sorry to hear you're having issues. 

How is your wired speeds looking? 

Have you carried out a pin hole reset at all and has this improved any speeds? 

Have you also tried using a different ethernet cable? Does this help at all? 

Do you have any other issues with other apps at all or just YouTube? 

Please do let me know and I'm more than happy to help. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Robinwxy
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's the same error wired or WiFi, I've had the power cable out but not done a reset, I was hoping with the distinct set of faults that someone would of known this one.

So to clarify:

Sam knows doesn't find the Hub 3.0 on wired or WiFi

Download speeds have been less than 5mb but seemed to have recovered slightly just done a Virgin Media speed test and it says 65mb down and 20 5mb up but I'm having trouble playing my YouTube videos still but can watch the adverts and other people's videos.

Edit.    I've just cleared the Cache/Cookies on Chrome and played a video.... Signed back into YouTube and heyho I can't play the same video I just played. Tried a different browser still can't play the video. And.... Done another speed test and download has gone up again to 81mb in 10mins

I have over 1000 video's on YouTube and have been on there for 11 years without issue

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Robinwxy,

Thanks for getting back to us. I'd like to take a closer look at this issue for you.

I'll just need to confirm some details with you via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
Robinwxy
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's not any better in fact it's worse, today's speed test is 39mb down and 19mb up

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Robinwxy,

Thanks for coming back to us on this and sorry to hear that you're still having speed issues.

I can see Laurie booked a tech visit for you last week - what has the engineer advised about this when he attended?

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos