Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Slow or No Broadband

My Wifi speed is very slow and intermittent - and not just on Sunday afternoons when kids elsewhere are gaming! 

I have repeatedly rebooted the hub, checked its position and so on. 

There is only me here with a laptop and mobile phone, so no other connections to slow down the speed.... 

BUT I have an old hub (apparently!) and have been advised I will need a new one! 

However, as my landline is also not working (and sometimes my Virgin TV doesn't work either or is VERY slow.....) I can't phone you! 

I am VERY frustrated that I cannot contact customer services or even make a complaint online! And now I'm seriously looking to change providers as I am paying for multiple services I'm not receiving!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow or No Broadband

Have you checked for “known network faults”?
As well as trying the “check service,” weblink (at the top of this forum board), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) - that may give you more info.
If nothing shows on there call it in and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible, get a fault reference number.

If you have a mobile and its VM call 150 if your on another service just call 0345 454 1111 for CS - its a national number so will be included as a free call in you "minutes" package.

If you have an old Hub and want to swap it then you could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3/4's

If you get the - "Ooops - please call" message – then when you call CS, go through options 1,1,4,5 - to get through to retentions - you will get a UK based person who should at least know about the deal - no-one seems to have informed the "offshore" lot about it yet ! It may be that they think that you aren’t eligible and they will want to charge you - do not accept that - come back here.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos