Menu
phoenixmoon
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow net speed its more l58ke a snail

I have fknebtbe rebooting checking pc etc is up to date followed all thdbtios bug put connection is so so slow I have to use my mobile data for work.  My daughter is trying to do her uni work online and has important tests keeping losing connection like we are she is likely to fail.  It is a timed test so cant go back later.  The signal really needs boosting we pay a huge amount for the package I am really unhappy

0 Kudos
Kippies
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow net speed its more l58ke a snail

I have no idea what fknebtbe rebooting  is, but reading between the lines-

Your connection is intermittent? Does it drop across all devices (wired and wireless) or just one?

Are there any changes to the lights on your hub when it goes down?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
phoenixmoon
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The typo is i have reboots etc.  The net is so slow it just dies. We dont have any wired devices I have disconnects all wireless except for my daughters mac as she is using it for the test and my partners laptop as he is in the misslebof something the speedboat still really slow. There are no light changes and the slow speed is across everything.   It is more like trying to use  a met speed of about 80 % slower than virgins 

0 Kudos
Kippies
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Kay, set up a BQM

HERE

Run it for say 24 hrs, and post the result.

It runs their side so you dont need to leave a computer on.

Just to manage expectations, sounds like a wireless issue which is out of VM's pervue. Have you gone though wireless troubleshooting? Have you seprated out the SSID's ? Also try switching intelligent WiFi off....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
phoenixmoon
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Will do but we did not have a problem until about 3 weeks ago and could run 10 plus wireless devices.  Even the tv box had problems 

0 Kudos
Kippies
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yup. from what we see on here there are several netowrk segments giving bother since the lockdown. Which is why you are setting up a BQM. The other bits and pieces just HELP, the BQM will show us whats happening on your network segment.

0 Kudos