Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Slow internet speed

Long story short I have finally managed to get a hold of someone at virgin today upgraded my subscription from their 350 package to the 500 package and regardless of a wired connection or a wireless one I cant get the speed over 80 mbps. I have tried every single guide line offered online including turning it off and on, resetting the hub 3, disconnecting all other devices and also having attempted 3 different cable variations just to be sure cat5e cat6 and cats ethernet cable. For wireless connection I am using my note10 plus and wired connection my desktop pc. I need help in figuring out why it doesn't go past 80mbps ?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow internet speed

Correction where I wrote cats it was meant to say cat8*

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Configuration Log tab onto here, if you get a yellow / straw box warning click the Post button again.

Please do not use screen grabs.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

General Configuration

Network access
Allowed
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
Enabled
DOCSIS Mode
Docsis30
Config file
Vcb573b2ee9a9587e.cm

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID1071948
Max Traffic Rate575000000
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate0

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID1071947
Max Traffic Rate38520000
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate0
Max Concatenated Burst16320
Scheduling TypeBestEffort
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

OK.  Your Hub is provisioned for 500Mbs.

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

on a wired connection to my desktop using a cat6 cable

PING ms
 DOWNLOAD Mbps
 UPLOAD Mbps

these speeds are what I was getting from BT more or less hense why I switched over to Virgin, I made the switch about 2 weeks ago
and these issues are starting to get on my last nerve
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what does it report the 'connection speed’ as for the cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

for the speed test I used speedtest.net and on the connection status page it states my desktop on ethernet connection and my mobile on wireless

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

What is the connection speed reported on that page ?

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

everything shows up green and ticked off. their are no red flag no issues reported as far as the admin portal is concerned everything is working as it should. All the other settings are fixed on automatic I cannot change the frequencies or the channels their on in order to see if that would make a difference. 

0 Kudos