Menu
Samleesauce
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Slow internet speed.

Can anybody help me. I am currently paying for the 100mbps but I am rarely seeing 30mbps, I read on the virgin site that I should be guaranteed at least 50mbps at all times. 

I have reset my hub numerous times, I have hard reset it 3 times and I did get 39mbps for about half an hour. 

I have kicked every connection off my hub bar 1 and still struggle to get 40mbps. I have only had virgin for about a month but so far I'm very disappointed, I feel as if I'm paying for a service I am not receiving is there anyone that has Any suggestions please.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow internet speed.

Wired or WiFi?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Samleesauce
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Both wired and WiFi.... They both give the same readings give or take 1 or 2mbps

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

WiFi speeds aren’t covered under the speed guarantee so we’ll disregard those for now.

What device are you testing your wired speeds with and what is the spec of the cable (printed on the cable sheath). 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Samleesauce
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm currently testing the WiFi on my pixel 3xl and my desktop pc. 

I am currently not at home so cannot provide the cable info but it's the cable that came with my hub 3 if that helps at all. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ok.

You'll need to test with a wired connection.

0 Kudos
Samleesauce
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20200624-212820.png

 i did preform one more test before leaving and was shocked that I got over 80mbps this is the first time I have seen anything near that level. I will do another when I get home and find the cable information. 

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Samleesauce, redact your public IP Address from images before reposting.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Samleesauce
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

1bef07a74fd4ac4d6f9eaab26ee3f40b60fdfc86~2.png

0 Kudos
Samleesauce
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So I called up virgin today and ended up buying the bullet and swapping my package from m100 to m350.. 

I am now getting really good upload speeds but my download speeds have not changed or if they have they have gotten lower ... See pictures, please ignore the test that reads 110mbps download that was done on a another households router (m100 virgin package) just to see if it was working as it should which it is... 

Surely with an m350 package I should be getting 3-4 times what I am currently receiving...... Help.... 

1bef07a74fd4ac4d6f9eaab26ee3f40b60fdfc86~3.png

Screenshot_20200625-220753~2.png

0 Kudos