Menu
Qasim999
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Slow internet speed high ping

Slow internet speed. I have 362 mbps package. I am getting high latency and ping. Gaming and streaming on Netflix lags. 

8D883B45-19EC-4614-8F44-1010247F6B60.png

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow internet speed high ping

Hello Qasim999

Thanks for your post and I apologise for the various issues you're having with your broadband connection.
Upon looking at things from over here, I can see that there are some prolonged stability issues on our side, especially the downstream levels. This will require an engineer visit to fix.
I have booked you in with the next available appointment.  Please find the appointment time slot via your online account. This can be cancelled and rearranged from there if needed.
Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Qasim999
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for taking the issue I was facing into notice and finding a solution for it. I just wanted to know if the engineer visit if free of cost and if the engineer may have to carry out work inside the house (asking due to social distancing concerns during this pandemic). 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Qasim999

The visit is free as the fault lies with us 

All our engineers will have PPE on and will make sure no one is showing signs of Covid 19 in your property

We would need to access your property though 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Qasim999
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the confirmation about the engineer visit. I am able to see the in the Oder appointment section the fault open but it says today’s date 10th June and I am unable to see the engineer visit date and time or able to reschedule it. 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Qasim999

I will send you a private message with the details

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Qasim999
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello I had technician visit last week to fix the internet issue I was facing and after that the internet speed improved but again last couple of days it has dropped and the ping has gone high again. Could you please check this situation and check form your end to see if there are any problems there are.

0 Kudos