Menu
sgurprit
Tuning in
Message 1 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Slow intermittent speed in SE9

The connection speed is dropping to 5mbps in SE9 area and i have 200mbps connection. It works fine for few minutes after hub restart but goes back to slow speed again. Anyone else facing these issues

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow intermittent speed in SE9

Check first for for “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
sgurprit
Tuning in
Message 3 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but no local issues reported on the webpage and the service number. The speed was up in the afternoon yesterday , but back to 18-20 mbps now.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub is it and what are the Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hey @sgurprit

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post on our forums. 

I have been able to locate your account and can see that you have an issue with your downstream power levels, this will need an engineer visit to resolve it.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Track Your Order.

Regards,

Steven_L

0 Kudos
sgurprit
Tuning in
Message 6 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, the engineers visited over the weekend but the issues still hasn't been resolved. I am getting a very unstable connection with multiple drop out throughout the day.

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating us on this and sorry to hear that the issue still hasn't been resolved. 

Just to confirm did the engineer pick up on an issue and give you any solutions on how to resolve this? 

Have you carried out a pin hole reset this morning to see if this makes a difference? 

Please do keep us updated 🙂 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sgurprit
Tuning in
Message 8 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Yes, the engineer mentioned a loose connection that he fixed. I have turned the hub on and off and even reset it, but still unstable connection.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Hi @sgurprit

Thanks for coming back to us.

Does this happen on only wireless or wired devices as well? Also does the connection drop on all devices at the same time?

I've re-checked the system since the visit and levels are fine no issues showing there, no area outages.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
sgurprit
Tuning in
Message 10 of 29
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it happens on all the devices at the same time, wireless and wired.

0 Kudos