Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Slow iPhone connection only

I am receiving normal wifi speeds on my iPhone, flat mates iPhone, girlfriends iPhone, however, we all seem to constantly have troubling loading things on our iPhones (Instagram, Facebook). Doesn't make sense as speeds show normal and laptops work fine, its only on iPhones. although, sometimes playstation has a slight issue loading Sky TV.

Does anyone have a solution? been looking through feeds from previous people's posts with the same issue over the past few years, but haven't found a successful conclusion.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow iPhone connection only

Which model Hub?

2.4Ghz or 5GHz frequency connection problems?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have the hub 3.0. I dont think I have a separate 5GHz running. We only have the one wifi name to connect to at the moment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Try this ...

Advanced Settings > Wireless Signal > click ‘Disable Channel Optimization’ > Click ‘Apply Changes’.

Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security > Add 2 to the 2.4GHz Channel name > Add 5 to the 5 GHz Channel name > Click ‘Apply Changes’

You can leave the passwords the same as they are. 

Log out of the Hub.

You will need to reconnect all you WiFi devices some will want to connect to 5Ghz and some to 2.4GHz and some will connect to either.

2.4GHz is a stronger signal but slower than 5GHz so if you have problems on 5GHz change to 2.4GHz.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How do I access the advanced settings? Through a web browser while connected to the wifi?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As Mike suggests...

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. Log in with the settings password on the Hub's base sticker/card - or your own password if you changed it previously

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos