Menu
Stooo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow download speeds on WiFi

Hello, I was advised to come here by a member of the VM Twitter team.

I upgraded to VM500 package a few weeks ago and have been loving having the higher speeds.

However, last Wednesday 20th Jan, myself and people in area lost all services (TV, Broadband and Phone). Ever since then, I have not been receiving download speeds anywhere close to what I was on Wireless devices. 

I've been through all the troubleshooting with the Twitter team including resetting the hub, checking all cables etc. Everything is fine.

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Slow download speeds on WiFi

@Stooo wrote:

Hello, I was advised to come here by a member of the VM Twitter team.

I upgraded to VM500 package a few weeks ago and have been loving having the higher speeds.

However, last Wednesday 20th Jan, myself and people in area lost all services (TV, Broadband and Phone). Ever since then, I have not been receiving download speeds anywhere close to what I was on Wireless devices. 

I've been through all the troubleshooting with the Twitter team including resetting the hub, checking all cables etc. Everything is fine.

So are wired devices getting 500Mbps?

Acces your HUB and make sure the 5Ghz SSID isn't set to '1' (Below is just an example where I split them into two):

Stooo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Carl,

My 5Ghz SSID had been changed to 1 like you mentioned, no idea how this had happened.  

I've renamed it to the same as I had before, still can't seem to get full speeds. Might be something I'm doing wrong though. 

EDIT: I've had to connect to the 5g network separately and getting full speeds again, I'm sure I used to have them both as one network (or maybe it switched automatically depending on signal)  Is there anyway I can do this again? 

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Stooo wrote:

Hi Carl,

My 5Ghz SSID had been changed to 1 like you mentioned, no idea how this had happened.  

I've renamed it to the same as I had before, still can't seem to get full speeds. Might be something I'm doing wrong though. 

EDIT: I've had to connect to the 5g network separately and getting full speeds again, I'm sure I used to have them both as one network (or maybe it switched automatically depending on signal)  Is there anyway I can do this again? 

The only time they show as two networks (SSIDs) is if you have them named differently.

If you give them the same name the HUB reverts to switching automatically (You may also have to check 'Enable Channel Optimization' in the 'Wireless Signal' section).

Stooo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Brilliant!

Thank you for the help 🙂
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator