Menu
CitCat
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow download speed

I have a M350 Fibre package, but my download speed has never gone over 40mbps.  When I do the checks for issues, everything comes back as good, including the black spot check, but even plugged in through the ethernet cable, the download speed stays under 40mbps.

A technician came out yesterday as I couldn't get my hub to connect at all from receiving it, but now we are experts the slow download.

All rooms are 'Great' when I run the checks? 

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow download speed

Check the configuration tab in the Hub's admin page.  This will show the speed the Hub is provisioned for.

Browse to 192.168.0.1 and go to the Router Status page for the information.

Also note VM do not guarantee wifi speed tests, only wired.   You need to test with a known Cat 6a cable, wired directly to the Hub with a device capable of 1GB.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow download speed

Hi @CitCat,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with our services and are experiencing some speed issues!

I was able to locate your account and can see that you've been in touch with us since you last posted. Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and let us know if you need any further assistance going forward. We'll be more than happy to help.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos