Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Slow download speed

To keep this as short as possible. My internet has never been reliable. It’s always cutting out, lagging etc. However lately the download speed seems to have just slumped. I was on m200. And I phoned yesterday and she blamed it on the amount of devices (20) I know WiFi and devices will slow down I get that but plugged into Ethernet I’m struggling to get 87. I had my package upgraded  as that’s what they recommended, and it made my bill cheaper, otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered. Now I’m on m350. I can’t get my download (Ethernet) once again to get above 90. What’s going on???? Upload is fine and always has been but download is just so sluggish. And it’s the fact I’m being blamed for it that is irritating. I’m not thick I understand wifi and devices. But even with every device disconnected from WiFi and doing another (Ethernet) speed test my results stay the same. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow download speed

Which Hub do you have ?

………………………………………………………………………..

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos