Menu
Trapper1974
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow download speed

I have recently been upgraded to the M200 broadband speed and am only getting approximately 90Mbps speeds.

Information:

• Hub 2
  • Cat 6 cables
  • Wired connection
  • Factory reset Hub 2 several times
  • No broadband service issues in my area according to the service status page

I have attempted to get a Hub Swap free upgrade to the Hub 3 but it won't allow me to do it on the web page and I have been unsuccessful in getting through to anyone via telephone.

Can anyone advise what my next steps should be?

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow download speed

90 meg sounds suspisciously like your PC ports are 10/100 rather than 100/1000  what's the make and model of the PC

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Trapper1974
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All my equipment is gigabit and all my cables are cat 6.

This PC's network connection is the onboard LAN adapter of the MSI X570-A Pro (Realtek 8111H Gigabit LAN Controller)

Previously speeds were in the 100 to 150Mbps range.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

Then immediately after …

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the ethernet cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Trapper1974
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for my slow reply. 

Speeds are back to advertised expected speeds for M200 following a factory reset of the Hub. Thank you to those that assisted.

0 Kudos