Menu
igadiz
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Slow download on 500mb

Our HUB 3rebooted by itself last night, I asume for firmware update. 

Download speed has been under 1mbs since. 

This, on top of an ongoing pixelation problem with HD channels on our main `Tivo box

We pay £110 a month for our package. This kind of situation is not aceptable at any level. 

Resolve by end of week or we will leave under Consumer act 2015 as amended as product not fit for purpose. This is not good!This is not good!

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow download on 500mb

Which consumers act and particular paragraph within the act are you referring to?

Posting some stats would help - copy/paste back the Network, Upstream and Downstream logs from the hub admin pages 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
igadiz
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Go search it yourself. 

They know I have a problem, I don’t need to post statistics here. 

They need to resolve it within reasonable time (normally 3 weeks which in the case of pixelated HD channels, have now long expired) or they will be in breach of contract, and I can cancel the service. Simple as. 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey igadiz, 

Please can you copy and paste your network logs, so that they we can look into this further for you. 

If you're not sure how to do this, In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before] 

click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up and then copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data onto here – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. 

Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

“Go search it yourself”?

What if someone told you “go fix it yourself”?

You clearly do need to post statistics here as a forum mod has also just asked. 

Also the Consumer Rights Act 2015 is mainly for the sale of (physical or digital) goods. 

Also you’ve been advised in your other post there is an area fault, reference F008105744.

So until that’s resolved there’s nothing more that can be done and no engineer visits can be arranged. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
hotshot666
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wow Gary, looks like the full time job you spoke about is with Virgin. The authority of that last comment kind of confirms, coupled with your steadfast rebuttal of a consumers legal rights.

There is only one conclusion of your constant defence of Virgin's inability to deliver the service many are paying for. They are paying you!!!
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wrong again. Shockingly...

And again, please stop hijacking other threads and taking them off topic.