cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow device speed when only 1 device connected to hub5

jon1331
On our wavelength

Got my hub 5 last Friday but on install Sam Knows test showed 1145mbps to hub which is fine but only a max of 600mbps to a WiFi 6e device (Pixel 6 on Calyxos OS) placed on top of hub5 for the test. Usually have it in modem mode into my Ubiquiti gateway, switch and 6/6e AP's (all cat 8 wired) but still no better at a max of 600mbps.

Am I missing something obvious as to why I'm losing 545mbps through the hub5?

Cheers.

John

12 REPLIES 12

carl_pearce
Community elder

What do the devices show as the connected speed?

What speed do you get on wired devices?

My phone was measuring 550-600 mbps when only that was connected to hub5 via WiFi.

Only got a parents old dell laptop for wired atm but it has got a gbps nic but that maxes out at 500mbps ( and did on the hub4 before it too).

jon1331
On our wavelength

Just plugged old dell lappy into a 2.5gbe port on switch with cat 8 cable and it maxed out at 100 down and up now. Got 265 down via WiFi connection straight after.

But its on my 6e rated phone that is slow by a margin. Nearly half.

Client62
Legend

The Samknows Realspeed test is quite handy as it allows the customer to see the bandwidth available at the Hub and then to see how well mobiles and laptops perform on that service.

In this case the mobile repeats performances of 500 to 600 Mb/s regardless of WiFi access point.
The old laptop put in a cabled performance that hints at a 10/100 NIC and perhaps an 5Ghz N or AC WiFi adaptor.

Speed tests on a end user device can only report the speed of the slowest link, with 1145Mb/s on tap at the VM Hub that can often be the devices in our hand.

jon1331
On our wavelength

But my pixel 6 would max out at 930 Mbps when had hub4 installed. Presumed the hub5 would be faster with 2.5gbe port. Everything else was unchanged.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm guessing the two differing Wifi 6 protocols are not quite agreeing.  That's the trouble with "cutting edge" technology. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jon1331
On our wavelength

My Pixel 6 was connected to hub5 through WiFi 6 (5ghz) not 6e (6ghz). WiFi 6e is my ubiquiti AP.

jon1331
On our wavelength

Parents both have WiFi 6 phones (iPhone SE 2020) so will speed test them tonight to check my phone hasn't the issue.

jon1331
On our wavelength

Right done more testing. iPhone SE similar to my Pixel 6 so not phones. Then put hub5 back in router mode and wired parents dell. Initially went up to around 700 then reduced to around 500. So not a 10/100 NIC. Strangely though sam knows only gave 313 to dell 1144 to hub. That was with dell only connected device. Then changed to my pixel 6 sat on top of hub5. Best I got on speedtest was a 886 down 104 up which is an improvement on yesterday but still not 1100. On samknows best result was 645 to device. Then power cycled the hub5 and repeated but it messed things up as only got 711 to hub5 and 140 to device. Family came back so had to stop testing and get WiFi back for them. More testing early Sat morning when US not online my best chance of good speed.