Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Slow connection at all times, already few months..

Hi, 

I've got M100 package with guaranteed min 54Mbps where usually with light usage I have 39 according to various speed test, including the VirginMedia one...It's not even guaranteed. Tried to call to speak with someone but after waiting twice an hour just ended the call. It's been poorly like this long time. There are no issues (service checks done) and the router is right next to me. Tried to turn it off and on but same so the issue needs to be on the Virgin side. Had M50 before so maybe they just changed my package but only on paper as the speed replies the M50, not M100. If I wouldn't pay 39 a month, wouldn't mind but for 20 pounds can have better speed at another supplier. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow connection at all times, already few months..

Wired or wireless devices (Or both)?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Only WiFi, just tested wired and it's 85 max so it's much better. Do I need to buy some modem additionally to improve wifi or just the Hub is faulty? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@sontowsky wrote:

Only WiFi, just tested wired and it's 85 max so it's much better. Do I need to buy some modem additionally to improve wifi or just the Hub is faulty? 

Could you sign into your HUB using http://192.168.0.1 and access the 'Connected devices' section on the left hand side.

You should be able to see a list of your devices and 'Speed' and 'Band' they are connect at.

Depending which band each device is connected to can make a massive difference to the potential speed available.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well, you're completely right. The reason behind it is that my old laptop's network card doesn't work on 5ghz but only 2.4. On the newer model it's always 100mbs. Issue resolved. Thank you.