Menu
Kloey21
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow broadband

I have 350 broadband and only getting 1mbps. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband

New customer?

Check for known faults on 0800 561 0061

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband

Hi @Kloey21

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thanks for making your first post regarding your slow broadband - sorry to see you are experiencing sluggish speeds.

Firstly, have you checked our Service Status page for local outages in your area? This could be causing the slow speeds. Just pop your postcode in on the website to find out. You can also find estimated fix times on there if you are suffering from an area outage.

If everything is looking fine for you on our Service Status page, can you please connect to your Hub directly via ethernet cable and run a speed test (virg.in/speedtest ) via your ethernet cable. This will show us what speeds we are sending down to you, so that we can diagnose if it is an issue with the speeds sent or your WiFi.

Please also do take a look here for more information and tips on how to improve your speeds.

Thanks!

Serena

0 Kudos