Menu
dannyuk1982
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Slow broadband

Posting here as requested on Twitter. 

I pay for 360/36 broadband. Last few weeks I’m getting 180/2

This isn’t usable for home working (the upload speed is terrible) or even my Ring cameras. 

I need this fixing and cannot get any information other than it might be fixed at some point in the future.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband

Hi Dannyuk1982, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am really sorry you're having some issues with the speeds at the moment, this isn't good. 

I've tried to have a look into this but I've not been able to locate your account, therefore I'll need to pop you a personal message. 

I'll do this now and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
dannyuk1982
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This is fixed now, but I've just had my bill through and it's for the full amount despite my internet being useless during this time.

I messaged the person that helped me with the fault but was told it was an "Unsolicited Private Message" and to start a new post.

I started a new post but was then told to update this one...

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've asked if this can be flagged for follow up.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi dannyuk1982,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, I am glad to hear your issue has now been resolved, in regards to credit for this issue this isn't something we do, if you have had a total loss of service over 48 hours our auto compensation will kick in, this doesn't cover intermittent or WIFI issues, you can find out more here.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused .

Regards

Paul.

dannyuk1982
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Wow, that is ridiculous.

So you can provide 1mbps but I have to pay for 360/36mbps.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately yes, there policy regarding speed is they either resolve the issue are your allowed to leave without early termination charges applying.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
dannyuk1982
Tuning in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The perks of having a monopoly on internet > 80mbps!

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I guess, I've not really let them corner me in such a way before.

I recently binned there M350 service at my home and stuck with my 50Mb EE connection, wasn't much of a speed issue with Virgin though, was just a disagreement over TV service and when I looked at my needs the backup line (office purposes) was better for certain things and I wasn't using much bandwidth and when I need bandwidth I just let my phone take over as it draws in 300-400mbps.

0 Kudos
dannyuk1982
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I only get 30/4 via ADSL on my street which just isn't quick enough for me, esp. as I work from home now post-COVID. Really hoping some other quicker services come out in the area soon as Virgin's CS is abysmal!

0 Kudos