Menu
barriemoss
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow broadband

Are virgin really as incompetent as they come? Everytime I connect to broadband the speed creeps along at less then 1megabit. So I call them up and told by the robot that a signal needs to be sent to reset everything. I'm then told to put on my mobile so they can send me a link and then it hangs up. No service. no link, no fix. Sick and tired of the whole service, should be getting 200Mbps, which very occasionally I do, but the majority of the time, absolutely useless. Any advice would be appreciated.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband

forget the rubbish from offshore - post some info - are you speedtesting wired or wifi - always test wired on a pc with gigabit card and a cat5e cable or better

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband

Hi barriemoss,

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the community forums. I've had a look at your connection and ran some remote diagnostics. I've got a tech visit booked for you on Tuesday, 20/10/20, 12-4PM. You can view or reschedule this from your online account with this link

Thanks,
Corey C

0 Kudos