Menu
LeeB79
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow broadband speeds

Hi, I am on the 1gb package but never get near that. I have the virgin super hub 4 and it is set to modem mode and I have an Archer AX11000 router that I use to do the routing. It has its own built in speed test feature that I use for the speed tests. I have attached a picture of my my most recent speed test results. Also I have checked all cabling is secure and reset both modem and router which makes no difference. The router is connected to the modem with a cat 9 cable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.thanks

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband speeds

No picture attached and a Cat 6a cable would suffice. If you put the Hub in Router mode you can run the speed test at SamKnows, as this is what VM expect users to do  RealSpeed - SamKnows

Also post your power levels and network log from the Hub for comment.  Setup a BQM to record and  monitor your incoming circuit www.thinkbroadband.com/ping  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow broadband speeds

Hi LeeB79, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you have been having with your speeds. 
Checking your account, I can see all is looking well with the Hub in terms of power levels, uptime and time outs. There is no faults affecting you and nothing to show that there is an issue. 

Please disconnect your third party router and follow Adduxi's advice with putting the Hub back to router mode and run a speed test through the SamKnows link. Pop your results here and we can go from there. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos