Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow and intermittent broadband

Diagnostics are telling me there are no problems in my area, Wirral, but the speed and availability have been rubbish since midday today. This has now become a daily occurrence. I can’t get through on the phone and the online help sends me in a loop with no resolution. This is simply not good enough. I will be switching supplier as soon as possible. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow and intermittent broadband

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

Then

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow warning click the Post button again. Use one post for each tab if you wish. Please do not use screen grabs.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow and intermittent broadband

Good Afternoon Mickmcg,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry for the time it's taken to respond to you and for the issues you've been experiencing with our services.

Looking into the local area, there does appear to be an outage that is running until 9am tomorrow morning.

Our team will do everything they can to have this cleared for you by this estimated fix time

Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos