Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Slow and intermittent broadband

Over the past week, maybe a couple of days more, I have been having broadband cutout issues. My download and upload speed suddenly drop to less than 1 Mbps. I currently pay for 100+ Mbps download speed, and the maximum I have achieved on a speedtest is 78 Mbps. It's usually round about 40 - 50 (this is either using an ethernet cable, or sat as I am at the moment less than a metre from the router. I teach, and currently am having to conduct all of my teaching online. This afternoon's last lesson had to be completed using my phone as a hotspot because the broadband was so unstable it kept kicking me out of my Zoom meeting. My timetable means I rarely have the 45 minutes or so free time during the day to ring a call centre, so I need to know if there is some way I can report this and have it recorded and taken seriously. My monthly bill with Virgin seems to be endlessly on the increase, so a certain level of service should be expected.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow and intermittent broadband

Bills don’t increase month on month. Well the standard prices don’t anyway.

Post the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hubs admin pages 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I said my monthly bills are (or at least have been) increasing, not that they are increasing month on month. There is a difference.

Will posting the logs from the hub here mean that it is recorded by Virgin Media? I can't see how that can be the case.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What do you mean “recorded”?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

To note down, to take note of, to register. etc.

Any organisation with a quality management system will have a mechanism for recording reported faults. I assume that Virgin has a quality management system.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This is a community support forum.

We; the community, assist where we can then a member of the Forum Team who works for VM will step in and book a tech or give any further advice beyond our means of providing. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Quoted from my original post

"I need to know if there is some way I can report this and have it recorded and taken seriously."

Bearing in mind that I have a very full timetable of online teaching and so do not have the time to sit in a queue after phoning a call centre - the last time I managed to get through I was waiting for 45 minutes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Post the stats here as requested then 

0 Kudos